- English is the second language and is understood by almost everyone on the island. French, German, Russian, Spanish, Italian are also widely spoken.
- The currency of the Republic is the Euro.
- Banks in Cyprus open for the public from 08:00 to 14:30 (Monday – Thursday) and 08:00 to 14:00 (Friday).
- All types of medication are available in well stocked pharmacies all over Cyprus.
- Telephone: Country code is +357. Cyprus automatic telephone dialling system reaches 206 countries. Telecards can be purchased from Post Offices, kiosks and souvenir shops.
- There are two international airports in Cyprus, at Larnaca and Paphos.
- The two main ports are in Limassol (Lemesos) and Larnaca.
- Cyprus is a full member of the European Union.